Waheed Uddin Student Travel Grants for 2020-21
In memory of Dr. Waheed Uddin, Mississippi TriDurLE site director who passed away in 2020 from COVID, TriDurLE will provide funding up to $750 per award, eight awards per year to undergraduate, graduate or professional students to enhance professional and/or academic goals through attending in-person or virtual/ online activities and events. Students will be selected based on the quality and completion of the application and resume. Travel grants are awarded post-travel.
Applications are April 1 through June 30, 2021 for activities beginning January 2020 through June 15, 2021
- These funding opportunities are available for undergraduate, graduate and professional students from TriDurLE consortium universities only
- All reimbursements will be allocated by TriDurLE and all students who apply are not guaranteed funding
- These travel grants are for reimbursement for registration and travel associated with academic or professional work.
- These are post-travel grants processed as reimbursements after you return from your trip. All students must fund their travel before applying for a grant. Students must submit receipts of all costs for reimbursement; however, if receipts are no longer available for 2020-21, exceptions are allowed in the application process.
- Reimbursements are only available to students who have paid out of pocket. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Conference presentations
- Professional/Career development
- All TriDurLE consortium university fee-paying undergraduate, graduate and professional students at the time of application are eligible to apply for a TriDurLE travel grant.
- Each student can submit more than one application per travel period or academic year until the applicant reaches the maximum funding cap per travel period or academic year.
- Students are permitted to apply for more than one grant in the same cycle if they attended two events (conferences, workshops, etc.). They may be awarded partially based on available funding per travel period.
Applicants must provide all original receipts (registration costs, travel receipts, etc.) and relevant information regarding travel; however, exceptions to this rule are allowed in the application for 2020-21.
- Registration fees
- Transportation including airfare, shuttle costs, ground transportation, rental car, or personal cars per mileage
- Airport parking
- Any expenses for travel companions will not be reimbursed by TriDurLE
- Meal costs will not be reimbursed
The amount awarded is based on:
- The quality and completeness of the application
- The benefits of the activity
An application is considered complete if the submitted application form includes:
- Stated benefits of the travel for academic/professional development
- Advisor’s confirmation for pre-travel authorization
- Consortium university site director’s confirmation of applicant eligibility
- Attachment of travel receipts. If receipts are unavailable for 2020-21, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an exception to this rule.
Tips for applying
- When traveling, keep all original receipts and relevant information regarding your travel (This rule is applicable for 2021-22 travel)
- You will need to scan and upload your receipts in one or two documents to attach to the application; however if you no longer have receipts for travel in 2020-21, TriDurLE allows for an exception of this rule in the application process.
- Students may submit as many applications per application period as they wish.
- Pay attention to the funding cap of $750 when completing more than one application.