To be updated
Final Research Project Reports
To be updated
- Du, S., Ge, Y., Shi, X. Multi-phase Sphere Modeling of High-Volume Fly Ash Concrete: Freezing-thawing Performance. ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 2021, in press. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0003813.
- Li, Z., Fei, M., Huyan, C., Shi, X. Nano-Engineered, Fly Ash-Based Geopolymer Composites: An Overview. Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 2021, 168, 105334. DOI: 10.1016/j.resconrec.2020.105334.
- Tang, Z., Li, Z., Fan, L., Gong, J., Zhong, J., Shi, X. Effect of Surface Tension, Foaming Stabilizer, and Graphene Oxide on the Properties of Foamed Paste. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2021, 21(5), 3123–3133. DOI: 10.1166/jnn.2021.19282.
- Li, Zhipeng, et al (2020) “Nano-engineered, Fly Ash-based Geopolymer Composites.” Resources, Conservation & Recycling Journal. Learn More
- Honarvar Nazari, Mehdi, et al. (2020) “Mechanism of Corrosion Protection in Chloride Solution By An Apple-based Green Inhibitor: Experimental and Theoretical Studies.” Journal of Infrastructure Preservation & Resilience. The full text of this paper is freely available on line HERE.
- Honarvar Nazari, Mehdi; JIang, Yu; Shi, X. (October 2020) “Effect of Ferrous Alloy Type, Beetroot Juice, Deicer Type of Concentration on Early-stage Corrosion Behavior of Buried Pipe.” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 32 Issue 10. Learn More
- He, Jialuo and Shi, X. (November 2020) “Accelerated Lab Assessment of Discrete Sacrificial Anodes for Rehabilitation of Salt-Contaminated Reinforced Concrete.” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 32 Issue 11. Learn More
- Ashour, M., and Ibrahiem, A. (2020) “Response of piles in multilayers of soil under uplift forces.” International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, 20(6): 04020056. Learn More.
- He, Jialuo, et al., (September 2020), “Use of Biological Additives in Concrete Pavements: A Review of Opportunities and Challenges,” ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part B: Pavements, Volume 146 Issue 3, ASCE, September 2020. Learn More
- Zhipeng, Li, Shi, X., (June 2020) “Graphene oxide modified, clinker-free cementitious paste with principally alkali-activated fly ash,” Fuel, Volume 269, 1 June 2020, 117418. Learn More.
- Zhu, J., Zhang, K., Liu, K., Shi, X., (May 2020) “Adhesion characteristics of graphene oxide modified asphalt unveiled by surface free energy and AFM-scanned micro-morphology,” Construction and Building Materials 244, 118404. Learn More.
- Ashour, M., Allaa Eldin, A., and Arab, M. (2020) “Laterally Loaded Battered Piles in Sandy Soil.” Journal of Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, ISSN1090 0241
- Shi, X., Xu, G. (2020) “Fly Ash Geopolymer Pervious Concrete: A study of durability performance under cold-climate conditions,” Concrete International, 42, 37-41. Learn More.
- Wang, Y., Ibarra, L. and Pantelides, C.P. 2020. “Effect of incidence angle on the seismic performance of skewed bridges retrofitted with buckling-restrained braces.” Engineering Structures, 211, Volume 211, 15 May 2020, 110411.
- Wu, R.-Y., and Pantelides, C.P. 2020.”Seismic Evaluation of Repaired Bridge Bent Using Dynamic Analysis.” ASCE Structures Congress 2020, Pages 144-161, American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Ashour, M., Ibrahiem, A., and Boskovic, S. (2019) “Pile Cap Interaction with Bridge Foundations under Lateral Loads.” Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 24(6)
- Ashour, M., El-Tahrany, A ., and Ibrahiem, A. (2019) “Development of t-z Curve for Piles in Sands under Uplift Force.” Journal of Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, Springer, 4(24), Doi.org/10.1007/s41062-019-0210-7.
- Chris Pantelides’ group published an article titled “Collapse capacity of reinforced concrete skewed bridges retrofitted with buckling-restrained braces” (April 1, 2019) in the Journal: Engineering Structures, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.01.033.
- Chris Pantelides’ group published an article titled “Mohr-coulomb model for rectangular and square FRP-confined concrete” (February 1, 2019) in the Journal: Composite Structures, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2018.11.024.
- Chris Pantelides’ group published an article titled “Residual drift mitigation for bridges retrofitted with buckling restrained braces or self centering energy dissipation devices” (September 16, 2019) in the Journal: Engineering Structures, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.109663.
- Xianming Shi’s group published an article titled “Surface Abrasion Resistance of High-Volume Fly Ash Concrete Modified by Graphene: Macro- and Micro-Perspectives” (December 9, 2019) the Journal: Construction and Building Materials, DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.117686.
- Xianming Shi’s group published an article titled “Effect of Admixing Graphene Oxide on Abrasion Resistance of Ordinary Portland Cement Concrete” (October 11, 2019) in the Journal: AIP Advances, DOI: 10.1063/1.5124388.
- Xianming Shi’s group published an article titled “Developing Renewable Agro-Based Anti-Icers for Sustainable Winter Road Maintenance Operations” (September 28, 2019) in the Journal: ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0002963.
- Xianming Shi’s group published an article titled “Chloride Concentration Distributions in Fatigue Damaged RC Beams Revealed by Energy-Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy” (September 28, 2019) in the Journal: Construction and Building Materials, DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.117396.
- Xianming Shi’s group published an article titled “Nanotechnology in Cement-Based Materials: A Review of Durability, Modeling, and Advanced Characterization” (August 28, 2019) in the Journal: Nanomaterials, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nano9091213.
- Xianming Shi’s group published an article titled “Effects of processed agro-residues on the performance of sodium chloride brine anti-icer” (July 12, 2019) in the Journal: ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.8b06043.